Sunday 26 October 2014

Modern Vintage: Preppy



Lets get one thing straight, if we all want to see a preppy style or two we should take a visit to the Made In Chelsea sets.  I have to be honest in saying that this style is my least favourite in my Modern Vintage category.  Not that it doesn't represent a new vintage style, or it doesn't look great, or that I don't take a few tips and tricks for my own wardrobe.  I just prefer other styles a fraction more.

It's hard to grasp a certain theme within this style, as I'm sure most of you know men's fashion can be greatly inspired by it as well as women's; which is why I am going to include a couple of these in this post (as well as a request from my brother getting vexed by the little choice of men's clothing).


Preppy








 So there it is, again like my other posts, this is just the basics of prep.  You can go crazy with the Ralph Lauren or go crazy with the Primani ;)  Don't just stop at this point!
 
Here is some of what you see above in online shops I have found. They won't be the exactly the same but you can still achieve a similar look.  Just click one the links.
 
 
 

Clothes
White bodycon dress:   misguided
White female cricket style jumper:    asos
Men's striped shirt:   ralph lauren
Men's rugby jerseys:   ralph lauren
Country style jacket:   barbour
Country style pullover:   etsy
Women's light blue shirt:   asos
Straight beige skirt:   asos
Brown jacket:  H and M
Checked/flannel shirt:  newlook
Navy blue jumper:   newlook
Ripped 'mom' jeans:   newlook
Men's textured jacket:   ralphlauren
Men's peachy chinos:  ted baker
White black dots jumper:  newlook
Denim shirt:  newlook
Skinny black jeans:  newlook
Floral Skirt:  etsy
White black striped top:  newlook



Accessories
Navy tie:   ralphlauren
Cluster bracelets:   newlook
Checked knee high socks:   barbour
Burgundy heeled loafers:   topshop
Cream black toe heels:    macy's
Black slouch bag:   topshop
Statement white necklace:   johnLewis
Stripped green tie:   ralphlauren
Men's brown loafers:    ralphlauren
Men's white bracelet:   notonthehighstreet
Brown knee high boots:   Debenhams
Brown satchel bag:   asos
Gold watch:   asos
Blue bead bracelet:   amazon
Green stone ring:  shopstyle
Sunglasses:   topshop




These took me FOREVER to find, so you better enjoy it ha ha.
 
;)



No comments: