Saturday 13 December 2014

The Clothes Show Live Birmingham : 2014

It was last weekend that I went to The Clothes Show Live in Birmingham.  As a keen fashion enthusiast, you might describe this experience as heavenly, utopian or even idealist. Grandiose in the world of clothes, beauty and hair. 

I tried to capture the catwalk show although, I won't lie, my mind was completely in a world of it's own and I nearly forgot to take any pictures at all.  So despite the only pictures I have being rather a small amount, I hope they show you just how amazing it was. 

My amount of bags was also on the small side compared to others.  I'll show you what I personally got that day ( much to my delight ).

For all of those celebrity hunters out there...you would have had a field day at The Clothes Show.  From Made In Chelsea to The Only Way Is Essex and Peter Andre.  It's hard not to see someone famous than it is to see them. I certainly passed Andy, Jamie and Stevie from MIC, Tom (I think that's his name anyway, the one with the blue eyes) from TOWIE and saw Peter Andre in the catwalk show.  I didn't however see Proudlock  ( gutted! ) or Spencer from MIC.  I wouldn't encourage idolising these people as when you meet them you realise they are just the same as me and you. But then again- each to their own.

I would however strongly encourage anyone to go to The Clothes Show. Its expensive but well worth it!  Even bring along your husband or boyfriend, I saw quite a few acting "bored"; we all know they love it really.

Overall a great day out, I even got advice on possible universities that I might be interested in.  Textiles courses to fashion journalism,  opportunities that you never get told about at school.


 
If you went to The Clothes Show this year (or any year for that matter).  You will know that it is goodie bag heaven! My one of two goodie bags is Barry M, each bag contained a pink makeup bag containing all in the photo below. In order, consisting of: a lip pen, eye pencil, 6 random nail varnishes, 2glitter dust pots, a lip balm and a sparkly liquid eyeliner.  according to the lady, each one of these pink bags contains £50 worth of makeup, all for 10 quid! As I said, well worth it.



 
I avoid buying jumpers as much as I can as every time I feel ripped off, paying £30 or more for something I would not expect to keep me that warm at all.  This jumper is AMAZING.  From the vintage section at The Clothes Show. It's the thickest jumper I own, made of pure wool (itchy I know!). It's oversized on me which makes it all the more comfy. The best news is all the jumpers on this rail were £15. 

 
Again from the vintage section, a whole rail of baseball jackets.  This particular one was £40, luckily both the jumper and the jacket were Christmas presents!  Admittedly this is still expensive, but I would expect to pay this anywhere for any jacket or coat.  Considering this has a lining and is well made I think it's well worth the money.

 

 
This quaint little bag is that of the stall "So Susan".  I hadn't heard of this brand before but it proved to be quite a good purchase.  For £5, this goodie bag contained a 4 shade eye shadow palette, a lip dome, an 8 hour cheek tint, a mascara and a dual brow kit.  it sounds silly, but the one thing that attracted me to this bag was the packaging and once I saw the product packaging I was even more pleased.  not only this but So Susan is against animal testing likewise to Barry M, one thing I that is very hard to find in makeup brands.
 
So that's what I bought on the day of The Clothes Show.  Here are the photos I took of the catwalk. Hopefully you can see the clothes, If you want to see this in real life...book for next year! A decision you will never regret.
























 

No comments: